Rachel Casanova, Senior Managing Director at Cushman &Wakefield, focuses on workplace innovation by helping business owners maximize the experience of their unique culture by leveraging their real estate, whether it is at the office, the home, the hub, or any combination in between.
- Business owners and leaders will need to become more retail-oriented towards satisfying their customers, the employees to make sure just like in retail, there’s a solid reason to come to work, and the experiences there will justify the reason together and suffer the commute.
- Forward-thinking leaders are looking at work by being intentional about why people gather when they gather, who will gather, and building the spaces and the calendar around that intention.
Build Engagement Through Workspace Innovation
Work has, and will always, include a combination of spaces.
- Home office-
- Working from home, or the office which you spend the most time at.
- Hub –
- When a company pays for something closer to home to support the employee working apart of separate – a meeting space, might be a traditional office location closer to employees, might be a Starbucks, a library, a park, an meeting space closer to home.
- Centralized Gathering Spaces –
- For projects, meetings, a space that is deliberate about experiences that happen.
What you must consider as you determine this combination of spaces
- How does the real estate positively or negatively impact my culture strategy?
- How does the combination of real estate locations support my effectiveness?
- What is the purpose of each unique space for the task that needs to get done?
Defining Success from a Workspace Perspective
- What we can do when we come together?
- How will we measure success?
- How will we measure that productivity was enhanced?
- What are leaders are ignoring right now that they should not be ignoring?
What are C-Suite Leaders Missing Right now?
C-Suite Leaders are often ignoring the voice of middle management.
Where’s the voice? And why aren’t we asking more of that? What do they need?
Consider spending more time getting feedback from middle managers when considering your strategy about where, when and why people will gather.
- Survey, The Future of Workplace: How will COVID19 and data will shape the new work environment, Cushman & Wakefield
Rate, Review and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
If you loved this podcast episode, please consider rating and reviewing our show! This helps us support more leaders, just like you, move toward leading the teams they have and thrive from anywhere. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.
Also if you haven’t done so already, you can subscribe to the podcast so you never miss out on one of our new releases! Subscribe now!
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST
This episode is brought to you by Marymount University, School of Business and Technology: innovative solutions up-skilling for the what’s next economy. Oyster Organizational Development dedicated to higher performance, business success, and leveraging team. And Wejungo designing customized talent acquisition solutions.